Friday, April 25, 2014

Monkeys and Their Idea of Justice

A couple of years ago, a friend of mine with a peculiar interest in animal behavior suggested me this video about how animals understand the idea of justice and cooperation etc etc.

The video is based on a paper published on the journal Nature by Frans de Waal and Sarah Brosnan in 2003. The full Ted Talk is here and it worths every minute. But if you don't have much time, this is one of the most interesting bits.





As some of you might remember, in my PhD I`m studying some questions around the ideas of justice very closely and one of my efforts will be to build a fruitful dialogue between more philosophical discussions and the literature in transport and urban studies with a focus on transport policies. Of course, discussing justice issues around urban and transport policies is a bit more complicated than the experiment with the monkeys. Hopefully, I`ll post some updates about this topic with more in-depth discussions in the future as my research progressess. Or maybe I should just skip this boring parts.