Friday, May 20, 2011

Some marriage and divorce statistics

Ok! now back fom the honeymoon to the real world. Something tells me I shouldn't be much enthusiastic about this (I refer to the real world....) So this is just a fast post with some links to marriage and divorce statistics:

  1. More or Less (Tim Harford) talks about the decreasing marriage rate in the UK and other wedding-related statistics.
  2. An interesting article by Jacob Langenfeld (NewGeography) on divorce and demographics by state in the US.
  3. The journal Population, Space and Place has just published this paper: Spatial Variation in Divorce and Separation: Compositional or Contextual Effects? (by Hill Kulu). In fact, I can't recommend the paper. I've been recommended by my wife not to read it.
  4. Recent marriage and divorce trends in the US (FlowingData)