Monday, April 29, 2013

Moving to R

I have finished my third week of introductory classes on R using RStudio and I must say I'm a converted. I know R can be disproportionately complicated to do a few simple things (such as pie charts or box plot) and I noticed how it can be discouraging because of that. However, it can also turn complicated ideas into just a few simple code lines (a good example). It's extreamily flexible. So I've decided I'm gradually moving to R. I know it will take some time, but it will eventually be completed.

As a consequence, from now on we'll have more R-related posts convering useful tips for urban and demographic studies.


note. I was first introduced to SPSS during my Sociology undergrad. And even though I have had SAS classes and a little contact with STATA, I got stuck with SPSS. I know I shouldn't be saying this out loud. But I'm ready to move on now.


Related Links: